Ga. health rankings: Cobb County | Health
(WXIA) -- A new report offers detailed health statistics for each of Georgia's counties.
The findings, which are posted at countyhealthrankings.org, determined that Forsyth is Georgia's healthiest county. Early is the least healthy.
Cobb is Georgia's 4th healthiest county, according to the data. It ranks 8th for quality of life, 3rd for health behaviors (such as smoking and obesity), 21st for clinical care, 10th for social and economic factors (like graduation rates and violent crimes), and 124th for physical environment.
Here are some interesting takeaways about Cobb County:
* 10% of adult residents are in "poor or fair" health
* 22% of adult residents are obese
* 20% of residents are uninsured
* 73.2% of adult residents completed at least some college coursework
* 30% of children live in single-parent households
* 48% of adult residents have what would be considered a "long" daily commute